The purposes for which this church is established and ordained are:
- To honor our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
- To bear united witness to the faith of its members in the whole Bible as the Word of God.
- To make known the Gospel to our fellow citizens here in Lisbon, NH, in other areas of our country and in the whole world in obedience to the mission given us in the final command of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 1:8).
- To build up our local body of believers to a place of spiritual maturity, fruitful service and mutual love.
- To function properly as a local assembly of the Body of Christ in agreement with the Scriptures
Having been born again by the grace of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and being justified by His shed blood, and having confessed our faith before men, we now, in the presence of God and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully enter into a covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We engage, therefore, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive together for knowledge, holiness and comfort; to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the relief of the poor, and the spreading of the Gospel through all nations; to follow in worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines; and to establish a true witness of the Gospel of our Lord in this town and surrounding communities.
We also engage to maintain family and personal devotions; to educate our children in the Bible; and to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances.
We engage, too, by the grace and power of God, that as strangers and pilgrims we will walk circumspectly in the world, be just in all our dealings, faithful in our relationships and abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul; that we will put away all bitterness, wrath and anger, clamor, and evil-speaking, and be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake has forgiven us.
We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love, to remember each other in prayer, and to aid each other in sickness and distress.
We moreover engage that, should we move from this place, we will, as soon as possible, unite with another church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.